The best diet is nutrient-rich and consists of vegetables & fruits, whole grain food, protein food like legumes, nuts, fish, eggs, dairy products, and most importantly drink lots of water.
Following a healthy diet is necessary as it can prevent heart diseases, build strong bones and boost mood. The seven factors required for a balanced diet includes carbohydrates, fats, fibres, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and water.
A healthy diet should include:
- Carbohydrates & Fibres: Whole grains that include brown rice, barley, oatmeal, etc., and some fruits like apples, bananas, berries, citrus fruits, etc., are rich in carbohydrates. It also contains fibre and helps you to stay healthy as it is the primary source of energy. You can include a quarter of your plate with carbohydrates.
- Proteins: The main source of protein includes legumes, nuts, fish, eggs, poultry, dairy products like yogurt and cheese. Proteins help to maintain muscles, skin, and bones. Make sure to eat protein-rich food everyday.
- Fats: Little amount of fat is vital for a balanced diet as it is an essential fatty acid that the body cannot produce itself. Olive oil, nuts, avocado, cheese, etc., are sources of fat.
- Vitamins & Minerals: Fruits and vegetables are fully rich in vitamins and minerals, and antioxidants. Make sure to eat lots of fruits and vegetables to stay fit and healthy as they are filled with nutrients.
- Water: Drinking water is essential to stay healthy. It carries nutrients and oxygen to your cells, aids in digestion, rehydrates the body, flushes bacteria, and so on. Remember to drink at least 2 litres of water a day.