Turmeric is a bright-yellow spice rich in medicinal, antioxidant, and anti-inflammable properties due to the active ingredient, curcumins. These are some of the proven excellent benefits of turmeric:
- Aids in preventing cancer: Since turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and medicinal properties, it can help in reducing the risk of getting cancer. Curcumin is a powerful anti-carcinogen, i.e, the substance that prevents cancers.
- Boosts immune system: Antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties in turmeric helps in improving and strengthening the immune system of people even with immune disorders.
- Control Diabetes: Curcumin in turmeric can reduce glucose in the blood and other diabetes-related issues. Researchers have proved that it can help in controlling diabetes.
- Lowers cholesterol: Research has proved that consuming turmeric as a food seasoning can lessen the total cholesterol levels.
- Reduces the symptoms of Arthritis: Turmeric helps in reducing inflammation and swelling in people who have arthritis. Curcumin present in the spice is effective in lessening the pain for osteoarthritis.
- Fighting age and improves skin health: As turmeric is abundant in antioxidants, it can enhance the skin’s texture and is an exfoliant. It also provides glow and radiance to the skin.
- A quick remedy to heal wounds: It is a natural antibacterial and antiseptic agent and aids in healing wounds, and acts as a disinfectant.
Apple cider vinegar is a sort of vinegar made from fermented apple juice; adding yeast into apple juice turns the sugar in the juice into alcohol. Apple cider vinegar has a long history as a home remedy, used to treat various health issues like sore throat, controlling the blood sugar level, and other issues. It has multiple health benefits, and some of them are:
- Lowers Blood Sugar Level: Studies have proven that consuming few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar before food improves insulin response and reduces blood sugar spikes if consumed with meal.
- Helps Reduce Belly Fat/ Lose Weight: There is no proven research that apple cider vinegar helps in weight loss, but it's friendly to any diet as it has fewer calories and no carbs, fat, fiber, or protein.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Apple cider vinegar has antioxidants, which help to reduce the LDL/ Bad cholesterol, total cholesterol, and triglyceride level.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Consuming apple cider vinegar helps control renin (a hormone produced by kidneys responsible for dilating and constricting blood vessels). Apple cider vinegar relaxes your blood vessels, as blood pressure rises when the blood vessels are constricting.
- Decreases the Risk of Cancer: Regular consumption of apple cider vinegar slows down the growth of cancer cells in your body, preventing and reduce the risk of getting cancer.
- Improves Digestion: If our stomach has low hydrochloric acid (HCl), it's hard to digest foods; the acetic acid in apple cider vinegar supplements the hydrochloric acid level in your stomach improves digestion.
The best diet is nutrient-rich and consists of vegetables & fruits, whole grain food, protein food like legumes, nuts, fish, eggs, dairy products, and most importantly drink lots of water.
Following a healthy diet is necessary as it can prevent heart diseases, build strong bones and boost mood. The seven factors required for a balanced diet includes carbohydrates, fats, fibres, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and water.
A healthy diet should include:
- Carbohydrates & Fibres: Whole grains that include brown rice, barley, oatmeal, etc., and some fruits like apples, bananas, berries, citrus fruits, etc., are rich in carbohydrates. It also contains fibre and helps you to stay healthy as it is the primary source of energy. You can include a quarter of your plate with carbohydrates.
- Proteins: The main source of protein includes legumes, nuts, fish, eggs, poultry, dairy products like yogurt and cheese. Proteins help to maintain muscles, skin, and bones. Make sure to eat protein-rich food everyday.
- Fats: Little amount of fat is vital for a balanced diet as it is an essential fatty acid that the body cannot produce itself. Olive oil, nuts, avocado, cheese, etc., are sources of fat.
- Vitamins & Minerals: Fruits and vegetables are fully rich in vitamins and minerals, and antioxidants. Make sure to eat lots of fruits and vegetables to stay fit and healthy as they are filled with nutrients.
- Water: Drinking water is essential to stay healthy. It carries nutrients and oxygen to your cells, aids in digestion, rehydrates the body, flushes bacteria, and so on. Remember to drink at least 2 litres of water a day.
Health insurance is an essential policy that must be taken care of, especially during the current scenario, as it can safeguard you from the financial burden of health care expenses. Since there are a wide variety of health insurance plans available, you may feel confused. These tips can aid you to choose a suitable health insurance policy for you:
- Search for the right coverage
Always make sure to select a health plan that covers you against different ranges of medical problems and offers benefits that include daycare expenses, hospitalization expenses, transportation, etc. You also have to check whether the policy satisfies your family's requirements if you are buying insurance for the family. Think about your requirements, compare the plans and choose a plan accordingly.
- Try to keep it affordable
You should also consider your money while purchasing health insurance that suits you. You have to think about the plan benefits before you consider the plan price. It would be better to purchase an affordably priced health insurance policy at the beginning to assure you are adequately covered and, at the same time, premiums are reasonable. You can also review plans, increase your cover based on income, family size, and so on.
- Pick family health plans rather than individual ones
If you plan to buy health insurance considering your family in mind, purchase a family health plan to enjoy maximum advantages at economical prices. There should also be flexibility to add a new family member without any problem.
- Select lifetime renewability plan
While buying a health insurance policy, remember to check how many years the plan will cover you or if it provides limited renewability or not. It is essential as you require a health plan the most during the later years of age. It would be wise to choose the health plans that offer lifetime renewability.
- Prefer one with large network hospital coverage
Once you have finalized the list of health plans, check whether your preferred hospitals and doctors are incorporated in their hospital network. Make sure to select an insurance company that has an extensive network of hospitals across the world.
- Choose insurer with high claim settlement ratio
The claim settlement ratio is the number of claims settled by the insurance company over the total received claims. You must select an insurer with a high claim settlement ratio and a fast and easy claims process.
Health is more important; with good health, you can earn how much ever you want, but you can't buy good health with money.
"Wealth is nothing without health", as health is a necessary requirement in one's life and wealth is a satisfactory condition; we need both of them to be happy. You will have a sense of well-being and feel happy when you're physically fit; it's not necessary that wealth will do the same.
Most people mistakenly think that having money will solve all their problems, health issues and be happy. There is the inevitable fact that some diseases still have no cure; studies have proved that most rich suffer from anxiety, stress, suspicion, and unhappiness, as being wealthy can rob your peace of mind.